Monday, September 8, 2014

Day 8 - First Day of School

Assuming you put careful thought into your first day of school outfit, which was your all time favorite?




This is moot. I went to Catholic school. Go rams!



But if I did have a choice, and actually got to pick what my uniform would look like, I'd pick something more flowy than that starchy stiff pleated plaid skirt and oxford striped shirt. Something like this:

Image courtesy of Teen Vogue
Alright, so it still looks a little school marm, but it's more fashionable. Girls in my HS definitely did not get to wear open toed shoes or stupid shit in their hair. But if I had a choice, I would wear the above outfit to HS every day. Ooh and the skirt would be different colors.

Now if I went to a public school, I'd opt for the more nerdier-but-sort-of-professional-not-really look. Layered tops that make no sense, short shorts, and some cute sandals. Like this one:
Image courtesy of Teen Vogue

However, this girl's got it all wrong. Although she's dressed cute, she doesn't have a backpack. Who goes to school with a tassled satchel too skinny to carry those back breaking science books? High school students don't buy e-books for their iPads. Most defintely not. I've also never seen a fashionably dressed high schooler. I've seen Berkeley and Oakland students, and they all don't look like this. It's a neon world Hayley, a neon world. So I guess, I'd be the most fashionable of the bunch if I showed up on the first day looking like the girl above. Most defintely would be the cutest one of the buch.

Seriously though, this is what I looked in high school (see below). Black, royal blue, maroon, or white polos with that damn ugly pleated skirt or khakis. It was not a fashionable place for me.

I believe this was when I was a junior in HS.

No comments:

Post a Comment