Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Day 2 - I Thought I'd be More Inspired

What is the most inspirational moment you've ever witnessed?


Moments of inspiration happen all the time. Most of the time when I'm driving or on the toilet. I hate it when I get inspired on the can. However, these moments of inspiration have led to better work ethic, travels all over Asia, and even the birth of my awesome son.

If we're talking inspiration to be a better person, then one moment easily comes to mind. I recently heard a talk by Mike Robbins. The main message and largest takeaway from his talk: be yourself, everyone else is already taken. Simple as that. Below are a few tennets of Mike's speech.

Nothing changes unless I do. If I can't stand that I get into horrible relationships with men, then what is it about me that I can change to attract someone who'll treat me like a real woman? If I feel fat and can't fit into my clothes, then I need to change my diet and exercise.

Focus on the good stuff. Life is great. I have an intelligent, and well-spoken son. I can afford to put food on the table. I have caring friends. And I can do pretty much anything I put my mind to. Life is good, because I appreciate every moment of it. I've come pretty far to get to my happy place. I'm keeping it that way.

It would benefit me to give myself permission to make mistakes. How else would I know how to be good at what I do unless I fuck up? I fuck up a lot, but I know that if I don't go for it, whatever "IT" is, I'll never know how to be better at something.


This is Mike Robbins. I swear this is what he looked like EXACTLY when he inspired me to be a better person.

These things above seem painfully obvious, but you'd be surprised how many people find this eye-opening. You'd be surprised by how many people refuse to change themselves, focus on the good things, and make mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment